Friday, December 5, 2014

His Lamp for My Feet

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.(Psalm 119:105)

A few months after I wrote my last post, I felt myself slipping in my faith. I didn't realize how important it was to be constantly working toward a goal of bettering yourself. I've been able to seek out a new counsel, and find some amazing role models to look up to. Of course there is going to be times that we slip and fall, but to get back up and keep living for Jesus is the greatest thing you can do.

One of those role models are Lauren Demoss who is the founder, and writer, for thefulltimegirl.com. This is an inspirational site for the average girl, with a heart seeking God, and one that has helped me realize many things in my spiritual walk with God.

Another role model is Kristen Dalton Wolfe who is the founder, and one of the many writers, for sheismore.com. Another inspirational site for girls of all ages. This site talks about everything. With so many different authors to read about, I can't imagine someone not finding an amazing role model to keep an eye out for.

Though these lovely ladies have amazing websites that I could probably talk about all day, my biggest pick-me-up in this time of redemption, was the Bible. I've never read the Bible cover to cover, but I've started in August, and the knowledge that I've obtained is so powerful! I never realized how amazing it was to wake up, and spend my morning in God's word. Never did I realize that when it came to temptation, that it was like God tapping me on the shoulder and saying, "Let's go to My Word."

In the past few months, I've had an amazing journey! It's been filled with slips and falls, but know that even when you do make that mistake, God's there. Even when you feel so ashamed, He's there with His hand stretched out saying, "It's okay. Let's try harder next time." Our God is a patient God. He doesn't look down on us with disgust, or shake His head in disappointment. He waits for us to find our way back to Him.

So my challenge for anyone reading this right now is, dive into the word. Start at the beginning of each testament and read as much as you can. Make a certain time of day your Bible time and read. Even when you're tired, read as much as you can to really grasp what Jesus is trying to tell us. I promise it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment